Friday, September 30, 2011

I Was Framed, I Tell Ya!

My local MDA did a lock up fundraiser and one of my clients volunteered me. I've never done anything like this before, so in the spirit of goodwill, I agreed.

I thought it would be easy. Overall, it was, but due to a postal snafu, I didn't receive my info packet until about 3 weeks before the event and then began raising bail in earnest. Imagine my amazement when I raised about $537.00! I definitely hate raising money and kind of "softballed" it by sending out occasional emails and posting link info for online donations on FB. When I remembered, I mentioned it to clients. I might consider doing it again, if for no other reason, because I feel I'd go into it with a better plan of action next time.

When I arrived at "lock up" they took my photo. Thought I'd share for kicks and giggles...


No comments: