Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Improvise Freely

Yesterday was such a wonderful day. 

I have no idea why, since Monday is notoriously rocky.

Nevertheless, I had a sunny disposition. Likely tied to the weather which was also sunny for a change. I think my soul is just so relieved to see the sun and feel it's warmth after so many days of colder than usual temperatures. Don't get me wrong, I love a rainy day. Love. It. It appeals to the introvert in me. There's nothing I like better than pulling myself into my shell and quietly observing the soft patter of rain from behind a book. Or sewing machine. Or easel. 

But it was Monday. 

I was relieved to find my appointment book full of clients who needed beautifying and I was one of them. But I didn't beautify myself. I leave that to the other professionals. Cause there's nothing worse than thinking you can do your own hair; I don't care how long you've been a hairstylist.

This is probably another clue to my good mood. Every woman has more spring in her step on a day she knows she has a hair appointment! {Can I get a witness?!}

As if just having maintenance on my hair was not enough, I decided to pump it up a notch and do something I've been wanting to do for awhile.

My inspiration is Victoria Mackenzie-Childs
Now, I would love to have the guts and presence to carry off rainbow colored hair, but my lifestyle (conservative town, clientele, etc.) does not support it. Bah. Maybe one day I won't care at all, but until that day comes, I'll stick to just purple.
I'm sure I'll add other colors to the mix along and along, but I'll always leave most of my hair in the mix. 
I think.
Today, anyway...


No comments: